Sunday, August 3, 2008

So this last week has been interesting, fun and a little crazy.
On Tuesday we had a huge test in out math class. This was the last test, the deep stuff that makes you actually sit there and go Hmmm for 10 min a problem. Well davie did awesome. He got an A-. Thats my super star! he told me he ound a secret way to make the graphs on our calculator instead of solving the problem. I on the other had, did not do so well. I'll just leave it at that.

To celebrate we went bowling and had nachos. Bowling was awesome. We made up dance moves to do when we got strikes and spares. The little kids around us thought we were pretty cool and tried to imitate us when they got their own strike/spare.

I also watched many foreign films to use as extra credit in my Humanities class. This was done in between helping an unknown neighbor move in next door. Some people around us are kinda....different, but I want to be nice to them so they will not break into my home. or so they will say "hey, the person who lives there is nice to me, i think i'll stop who ever is breaking into their house right now". So I made him Mint choclate chip icecream. So this 50+ year old did the whole arms in the air and yelled "Mint chocolate chip!"... yeah, very interesting.

Davie and I also recieved a big bad of apricots. i asked myself "what should i do with a big bad of yummy apricots?" well i started with a batch of sweet and sour chicken. its this easy:

COPYRIGHT. THIS RECIPE WAS BARROWED FROM ANGELA WITH HER PERMISSION. ANY USE OF THIS RECIPE WITH OUT GIVING ANGELA PRAISE AFTERWARD FOR HOW VERY YUMMY IT WAS MAY RESULT IN A FINE OF UP TO $200,000.

1 8oz bottle RUSSIAN dressing.
1c pured apricots.
1 pkt of Lipton's onion dry onion soup.
stir and pour over 4 chicken brests.
Bake in 8" dish. oven 375 for 45 min.
Serve over rice or over stirfry veggies. Davie gave the chicken a 10 and the vegies with the sauce a 7.5. he told me he doesnt really like vegies but with the sauce it was pretty ok.

I also made apricot icecream. Well, I did throw in a peach and a handfull of raspberries. Davie LOVES peaches and I like raspberries. I must say home made apricot ice cream is far better than any icecream I have ever had. It ruined all other icecreams for me.

Then lastly I made fruit leather. I just pureed (is that right--pureed?) the appricots and a few more raspberries with 1/4 c sugar and poured it into a wax paper cookie sheet and put it in my car. You are supposed to put it into the sun but I didn't want neighbors, children, birds or bees to get it. (I wrote about the birds and the bees...ha ha) Cides, the car can get hotter, right?

Davie and I also went to the new batman movie. So I gotta vent something real quick. I have seen so many childrens toys, costume ads and other childrens parfinelia for this new batman movie . THIS IS NOT A KID'S SHOW! I didnt even reall like it. yeah batman is a good guy but the other bad guys were E-V-I-L! We went to the drive in and there were about 20 under 8 year olds around us. I felt I was not even old enough to be there. It is rated pg-13 for a reason!!!!! gosh!
does this looks like a movie kids should see? i think my point is made.






lastly i wanted to made a quick list of little things that make me kinda smile.

***pulling the toilet paper out and karate chopping it.
***paging the new girl at work "Lisa you have a call line 7. Lisa line 7" (they only go up to 5)
***feeding my birds boiled eggs. ha ha they like them alot
***hearing little kids pray and say "bless jesus" or "thank you for Heavenly Father"
***poking davie in the neck (i dont know why i like this when he hates it so much)
***(know that the tubing for my wiper fluid is broken and it actually kinda sprays off to the right of my car) i like to squirt the clean window of the person next to me and watch them spaz out like it was going to get them
***telling children that ants eat diandilions and watching them pick them all as fast as they can to make sure everyone gets some food
***scaring davie when he comes home. Sometimes i'll hide for 10 min
***shaping randome things into a heart and then sending a picture of it to davie, ie. food, a cut up old credit card, hair from davie's hair cut, or laundry.
***at work when asked how long i have been here, i tell them that today is my frst day. I then open the needle packet.
***when i get a text from some number i dont know i respond in a way that makes them think i am an EX boyfriend/girlfriend. "I knew you would come crawling back someday"
***making comments to davie and his family that i might be pregnant. mostly toward davie's dad since he seems to be the best target for this and not know when we are joking.
***recording myself badly singing silly songs and making that davie's new ring tone.

4 comments:

Dullard, The Librarian said...

Honey. You're so funny. I love the "simple" things that make you happy, because I'm a simple things kinda guy.

Summer said...

YOU KILL ME CHRIS! I'm sitting here DYING laughing! You and Davie need to come visit us again! I don't think I ever laughed as much as I did when you visited last time! You have a way of making little everyday things hilarious!

You made fruit leather! You are AWESOME! I love fruit leather! Now I wanna make some!

Our Blog said...

We just got back from a military vetrans retreat last night and just now read this! Hilarious "Things that make me smile!" Okay, you are the true cook! I can't vear off the recipe even the tiniest bit, and have it work...ever! ;) Here is the original recipe:
SWEET-N-SOUR CHICKEN
-2 8oz bottles Russain dressing
-1 jar apricot preserves
-1 pkg of Lipton's onion soup mix (dry)
-Stir and pour over 4 chicken breasts.
-Bake 375 for 40-60 min.
-Serve over rice.
We still have apricots. I should bring you more!

Michelle said...

Wow, sounds like a very productive week. What a good little homemaker you are with those apricots. They sound delicious.