Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Anniversary and a Little Kitty named GiGi

So we made it to the Big Number Two! I knew we would but it seems like time has shot by us. I feel like it was just months ago that I was dating this gorgeous and sweet girl I'd met online... but that was close to three years ago now... wow!
I love to hear this, and it makes me proud to hear people still say this, but "we are the cutest couple around." And honey, I know we always will be... I hope it doesn't make people mad that we aren't sharing that title... don't hate me because my wife is beauiful,okay?
So since we've made it a sort of tradition to share our honeymoon/anniversary with someone else (i.e. :honeymoon in Hawaii with Davie's Parents, 1st Anniversary with Chris' parents...) we made sure that we spent a few days with Chris' parents and then fish dinner with our neighbors. Which both were a blast. Chris' parents took us out on thier pontoon boat all day and we went fishing (and caught a bunch of 12-14 inchers!), sun bathing, and they even BBQ-ed a steak dinner all on the boat ride. It was like a special dinner boat for our anniversary! So nice guys!
Then we stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Logan. It's a lot nicer than the one in Salt Lake but the drive to Logan is not much fun. Thank goodness we had Edward and Bella to listen to on the way there...
We stayed in the Aphroite's Court, which was pretty cool and Chris and I have decided we need to model our room so that there is a jacuzzi in it that you can watch T.V. from.
Someday.... (and Chris did something awesome... she already started remodeling our room. She faux painted it and it looks so Cool! She did such a good job and it was here first time ever doing it like that... I am awed!)
I did something awesome too... I know, it's a new thing for me, but I gave Chris two years ago a pair of white gold rose earrings that she fell in love with. They were really heavy and one tragic day, one of them disappeared. Well, I found a guy to make a copy and he did an awesome job! Well, I presented them to her and she probably would have cried but she kept her composure. She looks so beautiful...
Then we came home to our new roomate, GiGi.

Now GiGi is our kitty who we rescued from the Grantsville Pound. He's a nut but he can be real sweet. Anyways, he's exactly what Chris wanted... and my goal in life is to make sure she always gets exactly what she wants.
Well, poor GiGi was a boy when we bought him, then we thought he was a girl and he became Princess GiGi, well, then the vet told us that She was a Boy, and now he is Prince GiGi. Anyways, he's had a hard time finding his identity, but I'm proud to say, he's found himself. He's also found that I can't stand it when he runs around the house in the middle of the night, so that's exactly what he does... and I get mad, but then he comes and cuddles up and I have to forgive him.. Anyways, I never thought I'd get a cat, I don't really like them, but here I am, Davie, and I'm a Cat Owner.

No comments: