Monday, March 10, 2008

Birds just wan to have FU-UN!

SO...this is the 3rd blog I have written since Davie and I got this blog. It was quite an awesome weekend!
It started Friday night when Davie got off work. I had the bag packed and everything was ready to go, then we set off for one heck of a weekend. When we got to Delta we stayed up and watched an awesome movie about a man and his horse. It was set in the Deserts of Iraq about 30 years ago. They were having a race to see if horses who are bred are better than a horse who has the will to win. I dont know the name but if you ever hear about a movie that sounds like this, RENT IT! (Hidalgo.. just remembered)
The next morning we slept in till 10 and had a wonderful breakfast made by my mom the chief! Then we relaxed some more until noon hit. My dad then announced it was time to get read to go to our Country music concert and bull riding contest. I don't know if many people out there 'you internet people' know of a man named Charley Jenkins. I believe he is the next big thing to pop up in country music. **on a side note: Know that Davie is not a major fan of country music. He was quite a trooper to put up with the Country music... and the "hollarin'" and "boot-scooting". He even was the first one to go down in front of everyone, when no one else would even though they are the Country fans and he's far from "country"... more like punktry. He even got out and danced (he says he only danced because it was Johnny B. Good, not country, but then he line danced to Boot Scootin' Boogie and got it in his head the whole rest of the night). The Bull Riding was cool... and the concert was fun. My parents are so awesome to take us out on a double date...
Then we slept, lost an hour that we didn't have... cause of day light savings... fell asleep right after Church, and then the rest of the day was wonderful hiking out in Delta and the pillars on the mountain... I got so scared on the ride up the mountainside... my hands were turning white I was griping the car seat so hard. WE saw some cool rock formations and I tried to climb on really cool part, but everyone was so scared and the sandstone was breaking as I was holdinh onto it so I got down.
The trip was really fun... especially watching the TV show Heroes until 1 at night. That show is so cool. Davie and I are addicted. We stayed up (Mom and Dad are addicted too) till 1 and then we drove all the way home so Davie could go to work at 8 that same morning. It was sooo fun.

No comments: