Thursday, March 6, 2008

Worst Day, Best Attitude

So I've had my bad days. Haven't we all? But this day was the worst in awhile... well, it could have been...
So First of all, I woke up and was totally still tired... bad start to a bad day. Then I got to work and there was a mother load of stuff trucked in for us to checkin all morning. Now, that is pretty normal... onward we go.
On my lunch break I got a call from my beloved and was very excited to go to lunch with her. Cafe Rio baby! Well, I asked her to preorder it for it to be ready when I got there to pick it up. She did, but what we hadn't expected was a billion other people in Utah ordering at the same time (You didn't know there were a billion people in Utah did you? Neither did I). I got there, and these guys were taking 7 salads a person and walking out. I got my salad paid for and expected to wait maybe 10 inutes max for it. I watched some fire fighters come in after me and laughed to myself because the room was filling up with smoke from a burnt tortilla. Good thing the fireman were there. But do they put out fires on thier lunch break? I don't shelve books on my break so I doubt they do....
Well, I watched the firemen go through the whole line and get thier food while I stood in the pick up line waiting. Once they went through I picked a person at the end of the line and watched as she went all the way through the line... yea. I was pretty frustrated, especially since I only have one hour on my lunch break and now I had exactly enough time to run the food over to Chris and leave. Literally. Well, I got my food and ran out the door. Drove as fast as I could over to Chris... while talking to her on the phone. I felt awful. Mad that I wouldn't have time to eat the wonderful salad. And Mad that I had stood in line my whole lunch hour doing nothing but fume with frustration. And more than anything... mad that I wouldn't get to spend the little break I had looked forward to with my wonderful wife. I had all of this running through my mind and I had a billion angry things I wanted to say on the phone and to the world... but what I found pop into my head was.... you can either have a good attitude or a bad one. Is everything really all that bad? Well, I told my conscience... not really. I suddenly found myself feeling sorry for Chris and her feeling guilty eating without me... and for those poor ladies working there.... they were sooo frustrated and working like super servers. I decided to just understand that is was going to be an awful day and that I should just accept that and enjoy it. ???? Enjoy a bad day? Sure!!
Well, sure enough, I got to Chris' work did a quick kiss and drop off move and drove like mad back to work. When I got there, I found that I had just enough time to slip a chocolate into my mouth and get back on the desk... Wow! A chocolate! My day was getting better.
I got out on the desk and found ou that for the next hour or two I would be manning it all by myself. the other two ladies were on thier way to a benefits training. Well.. I told myself... even though its the worst time of the day to be all alone on the desk... its an awful day... lets have fun with it. So bade them farewell and smiled.
Sure enough. The teenagers were horrible. I had at least three people I was helping at once the whole time. And They were generally not happy to see me... well, with the occasional twitterpated teenage girl... (just kidding Chris, they all were actually really mean that day). Oh well, when the posse came back. I was pretty much ready to go home... but I had another two hours to go...
It went by perfectly slow and relentlessly awful... but I still had a stupid smile on my face. I drove home, and everyone on the street annoyed me... but you know what? I had a beautiful wife to go home to and she had Cafe Rio to share with me! I was happy.
Editors Note: Not really the worst day ever... Hiroshima would be a worst day ever scenario... or a day in Aushwitz would also win that competion... but it was a bad day for me.

Other Note: The main reason I didn't blow up from frustration was because my wife was sooo sweet to me... Seriously. I'm not even trying to be a mushy... that really was it. Thanks babes.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Hey, why did you guys ditch the tiara pics?