Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Time!

I love Christmas Time! It's a Holiday with Christ's Name and Chris' Name all in one, What a Day!
So we have Had a great Christmas Time. It might run a whole in our pockets, but it is always worth it ;). First off, we've been wanting to do Sub-for-Santa for someone we know, but the family we were planning on, seems to have moved away without telling anyone. So we had to figure something else out. Then it hit us! Not literally, please calm down, we're all okay, even though the snow is higher than the car tires... but I digress... so there is a young single mom who is interested in the Church, and has been listening to the misisonaries. Her boyfriend took off, leaving her alone with a little toddler with awesome Einstein hair and another baby due in January. She didn't have a job, so Christmas was going to be tough. Well, Chris, with her heart of gold, headed out and did the thing she does best. She made the day of someone downtrodden! She bought all these great gifts for all of them, and she probably spent more on them than all our gifts together. And Chris was so contagious in her serving others, that I don't even care. It's so exciting to think about what thier surprise was like and thier faces on Christmas Day. We were probably as excited as they were.
Now on to our Christmas in Delta, my first. It was fun! I have never had a bad day in Delta. It's like it's a different, calmer world.
So Christmas was great! Everyone, Carl, Nancy, Chris, Deb and Chris all sat around and humored me as I read them a silly Christmas stroy about a Lump of Coal, and then I sang a stupid song that I wish I could take back, about a guy who Loves Santa a bit too Much. But I had fun, and I think they did too. Then we slept and woke up to Christmas!
So Paiton was hilarious the whole time. She's a fun little girl. I loved how she would get into her commanding posture and say something like, "Get in here bubba!" And then opening all the presents was fun. Chris and I spoiled each other this year. We got tons of stuff for each other. I now have some new Crocs, (my others actually have holes all the way through them. It makes for a very personal walk with nature. It's like I'm barefoot, but wearing shoes) and my DVD collection has now doubled, and I was super surprised to open up Batman Legos for the Wii! I love that game and she had said it was sold out. So what a surprise to open it up. That was all I really wanted. And then I gave her some jewelry, a tea set and cake stand, a black Santa (which was very unique and cool) and the first two seasons of John and Kate plus eight. We both had quite the Christmas! It's hard to go back to work now. Having time off together is way better than having to work apart. (Wow, that's a new revelation if ever I heard one)

1 comment:

Our Blog said...

Chris does have a heart of gold, and so do you, so it's kinda like a really good match i think.

that is so touching what you did. i'm sure you made their Christmas truely unforgettable.