Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Broken Bolts and Broken Mirrors...

This post brought to you by the panaderia that we went to for Cinco de Mayo and we got awesome crunchy sugar bread.
This post is awesome, wherein Davie fights the "man" (who is really a woman) and ponders how to get Chris' flexible library job back, and Chris teaches Davie a few things about remodeling and well, really fun things to do with a hammer... also included is a story about a car that could drive miles without needing the battery to be connected... amazing! Please stay tuned in!

Starting with the super car. So I went to pick up Chris' parents from the airport (they had a nice trip in Cleveland... they had to go because they were jealous of us). Well, I was waiting in the pick and wait lot... when Nancy calls. So I get ready to go pick them up and... crik crik crik... the engine won't turn over. The battery is dead! I'm gonna have to take Chris' parents home in a tow truck?! was one thing that ran through my head. Well, Nancy started walking over and found a guy to come and jump start the car. Meanwhile, I was knocking on doors of trucks that looked liked contractor guys and found one that had a bolt (which was needed to connect the cables to the battery. the old ones had broken off. How Nancy was able to get that car all the way from Delta... we'll never know) and I found a nother uy with some pliers (needed to crank that bolt down!). So we finally got it charged and jumpstarted it... so thank goodness for good people. I'd still be in the lot without them. And Chris' parents, so generous, took us to Cafe Rio to celebrate the resurrection of thier new car.

So yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. Vive Mexico!!! It's interesting to note that there is such a large amount of hispanic culture in our Nation that Mexico's Independance Day is actually observed here in America. We don't see many people celebrating Guatemalas Independance Day though which Incidentaly is September 18... anyways... To celebrate we went to a panaderia on the way to my parents house, and got some authentic pan dulce made by real Mexicans!!! Cool! And then we had tons of beans and burritos and tamales and my parents house while we listened to Ranchera and sang in Spanish. It was divertido. Then to celebrate more we went to Lowe's to look at tile for our bathroom... (Hey, did you see how awesomely I took you right into the next story?)
So last week I got a 'surprise' when Chris' sent me a picture of my bathroom without a toilet or any tile... I knew we had been talking about remodeling... but I guess I wasn't quite ready yet... well, to say the least, we are in total remodel mode. We went and have already picked out a vanity, the lighting, and we have worked on what tile we want for about 2 hours already... we haven't quite found the one we both like yet... well, honestly, I need to just start getting out of my whole beige is simple and easy mode and realize that Chris has decorated the rest of the house perfectly... she's gotta be right about the tile.... Well, on Sunday Chris' helped me find the fun in remodeling by handing me a hammer and pointed to the wall... yep, hitting stuff is fun... but totally and remorsely destroying stuff is totally awesome. I loved tearing the vanity apart, and breaking that huge mirror into tiny pieces. It was really fun! Well, now it'll be interesting to see who things end up in the bathroom.. first of all we need to replace the broken shutoof valve... cause showering in the club house is getting old... especially since it's only ice water there....

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Oh man, you should have craiglisted the vanity and mirror. I bet you could have gotten at least $50 for them both! Anyway, you'll have to post pictures of the bathroom so we can all join in the fun.