Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where'd Spring Go?... Oh, There It Is

So we've had some very bizarre weather. Utah is that way, but this was exceptional. We have had snow all the way through May... and just as we're getting out of the 60 degrees, the next day... BOOM middle 90's! What the?!! It was hot hot. Then today?!! It rains and the it becomes Spring all the sudden. Well, Why can't we change the routine a bit.... Winter, Summer, Spring, Summer, Fall, Spring, Winter... 7 seasons. Hey, lets double it... 8 seasons with our favorite season... The Holiday Season!
So Chris and I had a pretty awesome weekend. Lots of fun stuff to do. First of all, the coolest Fiesta I've ever been to. It was free first of all. And they had wonderful food... super spicy and good, and then some authenitic dancers and a mariachi band. They picked people out of the croud to come and sing for them... and one "Gringa" came up and she made up her own words to "Cantan Los Flores". After that, they had a fun pinata where the kids couldn't control themselves. Very funny. And then the coolest part! A authentic Aztec fire dance. It was very intense... the whole night I had been feeling like I wasn't in Salt Lake but maybe Mexico. It was the same feeling Chris and I had in Hawaii at the Polynesian Cultural Center. VEry exciting and everywhere you go there are fun things to do. Well, this show was awesome and reminded me of the fire and dancing show we saw at the PCC in Hawaii. We loved it! And then as the dancers got all riled up and called dwon fire... BOOM!! And huge fire explosion goes off and then fireworks. It was very cool all together. Chris and I loved it. We're still kinda giddy thinking about how fun it was.
And to make the weekend better. My family had a big ShishKabobs get together and my brother Brad's house. And we went to the zoo too. Which has the most incredible bird show. Seriously, I've never been so impressed. The first half of the show, the trainers leave the stage and let the birds do thier magic. Bird's flying all over you, completley free. It was soooo cool! You all have to see it.

3 comments:

Our Blog said...

Okay, that Fiesta in SL sounds like the wildest! We would have positively loved it! I will keep my eyes peeled for it for next year!

Kim said...

sounds like a fun weekend!! Hey we were thinking it would be fun to meet up at a park some weekend??? Email us your thought on this....alyssaleejuly05@yahoo.com

Michelle said...

yeah. I am glad you guys all have blogs! Now, I can see what you are up to.!