Wednesday, May 14, 2008

God Knew Men Needed Wives

So I get to work today, and lo and behold I have "slave labor" to do.... Sorry, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. My library has been recarpeting the children's section for about a week now and we've just been waiting for the guys to put in a new shelves so that we can put all the books back there and end the terrified cries of the little voices pleading, "MOM!!! WHERE ARE ALL THE BOOKS!!!!?" Well, you may have now guessed, but yes, it was then my turn to put all the 50,000ish books back on the shelves. Why? Because I think once every shelver here heard that it was time to put them back, they all suddenly had to go home sick. (To thier credit, they were the ones who had to take them all off... not fun. Trust me, I know). Well, to say the least, my back feels like it's poking out about a foot and no, it's not pleasant. Wait, no, a better description: Imagine you've just finished lifting weights for two hours, then a guy comes in with your "x" and you wanna impress her so you keep lifting for another hour, doubling the weight... well, you're sweating like it's the Sahara and your bones, yes bones, not just muscles, are so achy and tighting up that you actually feel like you've been mummified and then someone hit the tighten button which squezes your whole inards out... and yea, that hurts, but imagine it just gets tighter and tighter... (umm, yes, I took 4 Ibuprophen and it's still getting worse.)Well, I hurt.. okay, I'll stop moaning.
Well, so I had a wonderful pancake breakfast today, kudos to my lovley Wife who is nice to me even if I make mistakes every once in awhile. Thanks hun... But the reason God really gave me Wives is so that men can have nice things and not live in trashy dorms forever. For example: I now have a bathroom with beautiful tile on it... Amazing, and all because Chris iniciated it. I get home from work and my feet don't hurt like they used to always do. Why? Because Chris bought me new Crocs, to replace the old shoes I had that had two openings on them. One on top, a bigger one on the bottom.. (and It was wintertime and I still didn't go buy new ones). My wardrobe is nicer... people actually comment positively on some of my clothes. The ones she picked, not mine... like yesterday I wore this nice blue button up shirt and at least 4 people said "You look really nice in that shirt." And My house looks awesome, again because Chris takes the intiative... I have such a hard time getting out of my, Caveman "I can live in a cave honey, don't worry about it" mode, that I need her to help me live descently. And I really appreciate it. Even though my caveman inside fights it at first... "But wait, I love the rock I've been sleeping on for centuries... I've made an indentation in it that fits me perfectly. Nevermind my whinning everymorning about my bad back. It'll heal." But I love that memory foam bed... thanks to Chris and her parents... See, a guy needs a wife. God wasn't kidding when he said that "it is not good that man be alone." He'll just live in a cave and eat Mammoths all day. Well, chase them around all day until the wife gives him his spear that he forgot to take with him. And another reason wives are so awesome, they can give you massages when you're feeling like the stone age came back and slammed you with all it's prehistoric carnal strength and it's too late to go into a clinic. Yea, I love my wife.

No comments: