Thursday, December 20, 2007

When it snows, kids are spillin'... and their noses get a chillin'

Wow, I love bloggin'. I write in this more than I do my own journal. They should totally have a talk in church about this, Blogspot, the new LDS Journal. It would completely revamp the Church and just imagine the lesson participation when they talk about journals in Sunday School... ..."Yea, and I just wrote about how I cleaned my car for the first time in years, and like a miracle, 8 people have already commented on my post!!! I just know that Blogging is a true principle of the Gospel...."... That would be the best class I have ever visited, after Online scrapbooking that is....
Anyways, Now the point of the title. At the library where I work, there is always something crazy going on. Today it started with a sudden snowstorm/snowball storm. I came out of the bank and a storm that wasn't there before was throwing mini-snowballs at my car and my face. I wanted to throw some back but how do you win a snowball fight with a snow storm. He's got like unlimited ammo, (man I wish I knew the cheat for that in real life), and then I get to the library and lo and behold, I make it just in time to watch two boys climbing up on of our shelves. And before I can smile, the whole shelf falls down, books everywhere. And we come rushing to the scene, and like a miracle (lots of miracles today), they are alright. We came to find out they were after a little stuffed piggie that had been thrown behind the shelf.
I also wanted to publicly (if there really is an invisible public out there reading this... at least I know that Jesus sees everything, he'll be my public) Anyways, Thanks Publicly Honey, for taking me to dinner on our Anniversay of Engagement Day. It was soooo good, and perfect. I thought my flowers were good, but you one upped me. And I love you for that. Hurrah!

Special Note of Interest: The piggie is gone for good, well, at least until they tear the library building down, which by then the teenagers will have outgrown the little piggie and won't want it back.... I hope I'm there when they tear the building down. I'll take that piggie and raize it as my own.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

We're some of the invisible public! Wahoo! Anyway, great story. Amazing that the kid survived having a book shelf fall down on top of him. I would have never thought so much excitement could happen at a library!

squirrelyTONKS said...

hoohary... i'm invisible... boogly boogly boogly...

Susan said...

You guys would make awesome piggy parents...