Thursday, February 28, 2008

Theme Parties and My Lovely Wife, Chris





Well, I knew Chris would love her Finding Nemo Birthday, but I din't know how much. It's her favorite Disney movie and she's been asking to watch it for months, so that sent me on preparations to make the coolest B-Day ever. With Nemo of course.
To start out, I set up, at 4 in the morning on her B-Day (yesterday), a big treasure hunt. She had to go all over the house and even out in the shed to find her presents and the next clues. She told me, while she was doing it, that "I have such a big smile on my face right now." THa made me very happy, since I had to be at work won her birthday.
Well, after she got to sleep in and watch Evan Almighty, her next clue sent her to my work. She had to talk to people here at my work and they each had letters to fill in the blanks of her next clue. It took a while (since she had to work here as well. Not just party) but she figured it out. And that clue told her the theme of Finding Nemo.
Next, was a trip to Toelle to find her a B-Day Bird Present (and a companion for Peetree who has been overly lonely recently. But Again, my wife took up the challenge and has been so sweet to "him" now. I love that part of her, she's soooo sweet.). Well, once we finally got there and an hour later, we entered this animal crazy house where that animals are treated better than the kids... sad really. Well, this lady had a ton of cockatiels and all sorts of colors. But two ended up standing out the most. They look a lot like peetree but with a lot more yellow on the body instead of gray and white. Well, we decided on the one that should be a girl (since Peetree is probably a boy) and got him a mate. Well, at least a friend with benefits... So we then brought them home and were ready to set off for din-din at Joe's Crab Shack. But as we entered the house, a man was sitting on our couch. I knew it was Chris' dad (cause we had aranged previously that her parents were going to come for dinner, bless thier hearts, Chris loved it) and Chris screamed. Then she thought "why isn;t he trying to run and take off with our T.V. or something... well, he didn't becasue he gave us the T.V. and his is better anyways.... well, we went and ahd a great dinner and We had tons of fun with her parents. Then we had to leave... they went back to Delta... crazy.... and we went to my parents house for cake and ice cream.
My om had made a cool cake with nemo characters on it and candy sea weed on a "water" frosting background. I was surprised how much Chris loved it. I guess she hadn't ever had a cake like that. Well, babes... Happy Birthday. I hope you loved it and we'll watch your new Nemo movie maybe tonight..

Editors Side Note: In Reference to the new "Companion" for Peetree: This morining I woke up to singing. Peetree sang to his new shorty all morning long. He kept standing over her and just staring at her. Then he'd climb in front of her on the cage and stare... then he'd climb back up and stare and serenade her the whole time. It was very cute, but then he wouldn't jump onto my finger. I feel kinda jealous... he likes her more than me... Man, just cause I don't have any lady hormones...

No comments: