Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why Did they Pick Valentines Day in the Winter Time? and The Real Story of Little Red Riding Hood

To answer the question, Chris stated it clearly: "So lovers will snuggle up real close."
I previuosly was going to title this "Adventures on Black (Ice) Valentines Day", but even with the nasty weather, Chris and I are having way too much fun.
First of all, we had the nasty storm last night, which Chris daringly braved just so she could come from the East side to the West side and be with me at work... I love that super girl. So we hung out at the library since no one else was cray enough to go out. Once we finished work at 9, we set out on the thrilling, driving adventure on the Black Ice... which was decievingly covered in beautiful white snow... and cars were going out of control everywhere. I can't believe that kids actually had to spend the night at schools in Provo. Thats nuts! Well, nuts, and really exciting. I remember I loved when it snowed like this as a kid.
Well, on our drive, we headed onto Bangerter Highway and just as we turned onto it a 4WD SUV spun out right in front of us... but not just a litle bit. It was like a 480 degree spin that almost took it off the road, over the cliff and into some housing about 30 feet down... that guy was super lucky he didn't slide one foot more... and that was enough to convince me to stay under 20 mph. Well, that and Chris kept telling me too... that helped too. Well, on the way home, we stopped at a grocery store and had a secret Valentine Adventure. We both got each other gifts without letting the other one know what it really was. I got Chris some chocolates, a cool house plant, and a cute card. She bought baking items so I had to guess what it was. Turns out it was some amazing fudge. I loved it, and the singing card she gave to me was so Special.. thanks babes. So the night was lots of fun, and we did end up cuddling since it was so snowy and cold outside. Yep, my wife is always right.
Well, today was kinda sad because we are both working and we wont really see each other at all until 9 tonight. So thats why we did Valentines yesterday and tommorrow. Well, even though I was out teaching kids this morning, I wanted to do something romantic and memorable for Chris. She gave me the idea when she called and said that she was jealous that all the other girls were getting flowers and got to wear thier "invisible tiaras" all day. So I got to work and bought her a real tiara and took it to her before I went to the library. I have to one-up all the other guys right, so figured flowers are nice but with a real tiara, everyone gets to see how special she is. She really gets to be the Princess. So thats what she got to do today. I hope you love being royalty honey.
Now, I'll let her tell the rest of today, but I wanted to tell a story that I told the kids at school. Did you know that Little Red Riding Hood is a Valentines Day Story? Why else whould she be wearing Red? And so goes the story.....

Little Red Riding Hood got home from school and ran to her room to play her playstation. Her mom came in and asked her to go to her Grandmas House and give her a Valentines Day card and some chocolates because Granny was feeling lonely today.
Little Red just said, "Whatever Mom" and continued playing her game. A lttle while later, Mom came in again and asked Little Red to also do her homework before she went to Grannys. Little Red just said, "Whatever Mom."
Mom came up once more and told Little Red that she needed to leave soon so that she would be home before 6 because thats when dinner would be. And if she was late, she'd miss out on Dinner. Little Red just said, "Whatever Mom," and continued playing. She wanted to get to level 25. She hadn't listened to a thing Mom had said.
Well, finally Little Red beat level 25 and decided to stop playing. She got up and went downstairs and realized she was suddenly bored. So she asked Mom, "Hey lady, what is there to do around here? I'm Bored."
"Bored?!! Have you not heard anything I asked you to do?"
"Umm. No mom. What do you need?"
Flustered, Mom repeated all that she wanted Little Red to do, and added, "Oh.. and if someone comes and talks to you, Don't talk to them and never leave the path okay?"
Well, Little Red yelled, "Whatever Mom," as she raced out the door to Granny's house. All she heard was go to Grandma's house... nothing more.
Well, because someone silly decided to have the Holiday in the Wintertime, there was snow all over the ground. Little Red soon reached the woods and decided she'd take a short cut and walk through less snow. Well, sure enough, once she started off on the shortcut, she quickly became lost.
Along came a decently dressed business man named "Big Bad Wolf". Don't be fooled by his dress, he was a bad wolf for sure. Well, he walked up to Little Red and Asked, "Hey Little girl, What are you doing out here?"
Little Red responded, "I'm off to my Grandma's House but I've gotten Lost."
"Don't worry Little girl. I live in these Woods and I know just how to get to Granny's house. Just head down that path there and you'll get there in no time."
Well, the wolf did know the woods well and he had sent Little Red down the long way to Granny's and he took a Short Cut.
The Big Bad Wolf arrived at Granny's first and walked right in. Well, Granny wasn't there, she was out Snowboarding, so he decided to dress up as Granny and hide in the bed for Little Red.
Soon enough, Little Red showed up at Granny's house. And as she walked in she Realized... what am I doing here? She'd never really listened to her Mom. Well, it was Valentines Day so she said, "Happy Valentines Day Grandma."
The Wolf responded, "Happy Valentines Day, Little Red."
Little Red, thought for a moment, wow, Granny needs to stop smoking. She sounds terrible. The Wolf whispered, "Come here Dear and give Granny a hug."
Little Red walked right up to the Wolf and gave him the biggest hug ever.
Suddenly the Wolf thought... wow, no one has ever given me a hug like that. I don't want to eat her... I... "Little Red, will you be my Valentine?"
With a whoosh, Little Red flew out the door and ran all the way her house. That wasn't Granny! That was the Bad Wolf!
And the poor Bad Wolf was left there, missing his only new friend.
When Little Red got home, Mom was there standing and tapping her foot irritatedly. "Little Red! Where have you Been? It's 8 oclock!"
Little Red then explained all that she had done and how she had had to ask the Wolf where to go because she was lost...
"You talked to the Wolf?!! Little Red... didn't you listen to anything I told you..."
"Ummm, no Mom... Sorry."
"Oh Little Red. If you had only listend to me when I told you, you would've known why you were going to Grandmas, and you wouldn't have strayed off the path and gotten lost. And you surely would've never met that furry Bad Wolf. Little Red, have you learned your lesson?"
"Yes Mom, I'll go do my homework right Now!"
And the Lived Happily Ever After once the snow all melted and they could drive around again without having crazies running off the road all over. The END

No comments: